6.12.2005

an ending, a beginning

After intense deliberation I finally decided to throw my summer blog up here (it was stressful evaluating how to go about this, especially when it comes to sharing photos!) Regardless, hopefully this will be a way for me to journal my way through summer adventures and share photos with family and friends as well. Read it never or always, it matters not to me!

So much has been going on, I haven't had a chance to catch my breath! Leaving Santa Cruz was surreal, since I have been sick for the past three weeks. It was a bummer not to wrap up the year with everyone else, but at this point I am glad to be home safely. Staying in Santa Cruz was like being caught in the twilight zone... my kidney stones, then surgery, then infection, then more surgery (requiring mum to fly out twice at this point), having my wallet stolen in the hospital, finding out my travel agency messed up my flights to Nova Scotia this week... oy! I feel like I barely made it out of my flat (thanks to mum and g-fresh for the help) and hardly got to squeeze in any goodbyes. So I tell myself this is just a vacation, a measly three months and then we'll all be back in Santa Cruz like before- so I shouldn't fuss over leaving.

I miss the palm trees, the ocean, the redwoods, and a few close friends... but it feels so good to be home. I've even been greeted by thunderstorms, which is so nice- I miss those when I am on the west coast. It's great to see my parents and my dog and really just to be back on the east coast in general. But no time to think about that. I leave for sea in just about five days and I have so much to do to prepare!

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. Welcome to the intarweb. Name tags are on the left, hors d'oeuvres and drinks are in the back. I suggest the swedish meatballs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home